How to access your class
Accessing Courses and Using PAWS
Email communication with our office must be done through your PAWS account. Please ensure that you check this email on a regular basis. All course information will be sent to you through your PAWS email account.
How to Register for Classes
Once you have been admitted to the program, you will receive an electronic admission letter that will include your University of Saskatchewan Student number, your NSID (Network Services ID) and temporary password, which will allow you to access PAWS. PAWS is the Personalized Access to Web Services for students, faculty, staff, and alumni. You will then be permitted to register for classes online. Instructions for online registration can be found in the Registration Guide or at: paws.usask.ca
Please see courses for the Course Reference Number (CRN) for each PHC class. Before you register, please be aware that it is your responsibility to make sure you have the required prerequisites and other class-specific requirements. Please ensure that classes selected are appropriate to your stream, including the number of classes needed to complete requirements for graduation.
You must register online by the deadline dates or you will be charged a late registration fee. Registration automatically results in a financial obligation. Download the Registration Guide for assistance.
To register for a class:
• Log into PAWS
• Select the Academics Tab
• Select the Registration channel
Late Registration Fees
A late registration fee of $35.00 per course will be charged when you register after the deadline dates, whether or not permission to register late has been obtained. Late registration fees are non-refundable.
Audit Provisions: You may choose to take courses on an audit basis. You will be assessed the same fees as credit students thus having the same rights regarding access to the instructor, writing of term tests and completion of assignments, but will not be permitted to write the final examination nor will a final mark be assigned for an audited course.
How to access your class
- Approximately one week before the start of term, go to paws.usask.ca
- Log in using your NSID and password.
- Click on Course Tools link located in the left hand menu.
- If you are new to the Blackboard Learning System, click on the Help tab in the top banner to view blackboard tutorials, help documents and videos.
- Once you have reviewed the help information, click on the My Courses tab in the top banner. Click on the course(s) listed.
- Review the class home page and the class syllabus for information on required materials, textbooks, your instructor and how to submit assignments.
- Course modules, assignments, course content and messages (course mail) will not be available until the first day of term.
- All electronic contact with the course instructor will be through messages (course mail) found in the menu of this course. Instructors will not be available before the first day of class.
Consortium Students registered in U of S classes
To access your U of S class, please check the email sent to you by the U of S PHC office. If you have not receved an email with your access information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Class Syllabus
A syllabus is provided for each class and provides important information about
- learning outcomes,
- textbooks and required materials,
- reading schedules with assignment and exam dates,
- relative marking weight of assignments and examinations, and
- instructor contact information and availability.